So, here I am, it's 10:34 pm, playing on the computer. Savannah is asleep, Dave is in Boise, ID, this week for work, and I can hear my upstairs neighbor walking around, running, pounding, whatever it is that he is doing. I get very frusturated every morning when I hear him get up out of bed walk down the hall, back and forth, turning the water on and off. I lay there and just pray that Savannah won't wake up before she needs to. Anyways, I have been reading blogs tonight, and so I decided it's time for me to update our blog, again.
I don't have a whole lot of pictures from Christmas, we had some unexpected events take place.....here goes........ I had been so excited for my family party on the 23rd of December. This party was going to just be with my brothers, and sisters, parents and grandma. We were going to have dinner and do a gift exchange. I love being with my family, and was especially excited for this day because Dave and I had a little announcement to make.....that we'd be adding to our family next July!!! I was about 9 weeks along, and I hadn't told my family yet because I wanted them to all be there to tell them all at once. I was really excited. Well, 2 days before this I had started bleeding, had a blood test. The results said everything was fine. I felt better the next day. The day of the party I started bleeding again. My doctor got me in for an ultra sound that afternoon. I knew something was up when I asked the ultrasound lady if she could see the baby. Her response was that she needed to talk to her boss. Red flags started flying and I started thinking of all that could go wrong. 2o minutes later, she came in and told me my doctor would be calling me on their phone. That's when I knew that I had had a miscarriage. The doctor confirmed that, told me the baby had stopped growing at 8 weeks, and no longer had a heart beat. She gave me my options, and said she could do a d&c in just a couple of hours- I took that option, it sounded the least painful, and would be nice to be able to get it done and over with. So, I ended up missing the party, and had the surgery. The next day, Christmas Eve, Dave, Savannah, and I just stayed home all day so I could rest. We missed another favorite party with my dad's side of the family. Thankfully, I felt well enough to go to our party on Christmas Day. This kind of put a damper on our Christmas festivities. As Dave and I mourned together I just felt so grateful for him. I am an emotional person as it is, and he is so good at supporting me in all my emotions and feelings. He just knows how to help me through them. I did become alot more aware of how grateful I am for family. I love my family and Dave's family, extended family, and all so much! They are a very important part of my life. Anyways, yes, it is a sad thing, but at the same time, I feel peace about it all. I guess it just wasn't the right thing for us right now and I am okay with that. Maybe this, maybe that, who knows, and that's okay. I am so grateful for the gospel in my life. It gives me the knowledge and perspective to help me deal with these worldly things.
I thought it would be nice to end this message with a picture of my family at Christmas. Well, no luck, sorry. I looked through our pictures on Christmas, no pictures of us 3 together at all. I really need to do better about that. So, if you want, you can picture in your head, us 3 together, smiling!
10 years ago
5 comments:
Nic- i'm sorry!! that is such a hard thing to go through!! Hang in there- if you ever want to talk, please call me! Miss you!
Nicole. I found your blog through someone else's blog in the ward. I'm so sorry to hear about what you went through. I've been there and I know how hard it is. Even when you've found peace with the situation, there are still days that are hard. Please let me know if you ever need to talk or need a shoulder to cry on. You're in my prayers.
Jessie Bryner
Nicole & Dave~
We are so sorry...I felt your excitment when you told me. And when you wrote me the little message on facebook...you are in our prayers..
Life's ups and downs. Delightful, are they not? Hope you are well and the months have helped heal your heart. All in good time, right?
Love you guys!
NICOLE SIMISTER UPDATE YOUR BLOG!
Post a Comment